- Submit the Form DS-160 and required documentation (see below) in person or through a protocol agent to the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy Bujumbura, Mondays & Tuesdays from 14:00 – 16:00 and Fridays from 09:00 to11:00.
- Most qualified applicants are not required to appear for an interview with a consular officer and are exempt from fees and fingerprint collection.
- We will contact you when your visa is ready for pickup. Processing time is normally 3-5 business days after submission of the application. However, these times may vary and there is no guarantee that your visa will be ready within this time frame. We urge travelers to apply as early as possible and to not make firm travel plans (e.g. purchase plane tickets, make non-refundable hotel reservations) before the visa has been received
- Valid diplomatic/service passport
- Diplomatic Note or “Note Verbale” from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Diplomatic Mission; official request from the appropriate international organization or sending government.
- One ID photograph 5cm x 5cm taken in the past 6 months.
- DS-160 confirmation page
- A3, G5, and NATO-7 applicants must provide an employment contract.
- Additional documentary requirements may apply in some cases.
Qualified diplomatic and official visa applicants on official travel (A, G, C-3, NATO) are exempt from paying visa fees. Some diplomatic passport holders on personal travel applying for a B visa are exempt from fees (e.g. Heads of State, Ambassadors, Cabinet Ministers, Government officers holding diplomatic titles). Other diplomatic passport holders may be required to pay the visa fee and/or appear for an interview with a consular officer.
- For other questions or information about diplomatic and official visas only, please contact the Consular Section: email@example.com