U.S. citizens, their spouses, and children are invited to a virtual Town Hall Meeting for the U.S. citizen community on Friday, August 7, 2020, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. The virtual Town Hall will be an opportunity to discuss current issues of concern to the U.S. citizen community in Burundi.
Advance registration is mandatory in order to connect to the meeting. To register, please email your full name, phone number, and passport number to BujumburaC@state.gov no later than 10:00 a.m. on Friday, August 7. Registrants will receive a Google Meet link and call-in number and may then participate via computer, tablet, or phone. Downloading the Google Meet application prior to beginning the call may make your connection easier. An internet or mobile phone connection is necessary, although connecting via phone may incur usage charges.
We look forward to your attendance!
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings,Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Burundi.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Burundi, located at Avenue des Etats-Unis and Avenue du Cinquantenaire in Bujumbura, at +257-22-20-7000 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +257-22-20-7318 or +257-79-938-841.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.