July 2, 2019
U.S. citizens and their spouses are invited to an information session on Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) on Friday, July 12, 2019, from 2:00-3:00 p.m. at the U.S. Embassy. The information session will be an opportunity to discuss the current state of the ongoing outbreak of EVD in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda, as well as prevention and preparation efforts underway in Burundi.
Please note that, in order to facilitate entry into the embassy, attendees are asked to RSVP to BujumburaC@state.gov. All guests and their personal effects will be screened prior to entry.
We look forward to seeing you there!
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Burundi.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Burundi, located at Avenue des Etats-Unis and Avenue du Cinquantenaire in Bujumbura, at +257-22-20-7000 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +257-22-20-7318 or +257-79-938-841.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.