Wednesday December 9, 2015
For U.S. citizens who were unable to attend the Town Hall on December 4, a summary of the remarks made at the town hall have been posted on the U.S. Embassy Bujumbura website. To view the remarks, please visit:
U.S. citizens who are planning to travel to Burundi or are currently staying in Burundi should review the Burundi Travel Warning issued on November 3, as well as their personal security situation and avoid non-essential travel to and within Burundi.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Burundi.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Bujumbura, located at Avenue des Etats-Unis and Avenue du Cinquantenaire in Bujumbura, Burundi, at +257-22-20-7000 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +257-22-20-7318, or +257-79-938-841.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.