November 30, 2015
U.S. citizens, their spouses, and children over the age of 16 are invited to a Town Hall Meeting for the U.S. citizen community in Burundi. The Town Hall will be held this Friday, December 4, 2015 at 13:00 at the U.S. Embassy situated on the corner of Avenue des Etats-Unis and Avenue du Cinquantenaire in Kigobe. Entry will be through the main gate (not the consular service gate).
Participants will have an opportunity to discuss the current security environment and meet key embassy staff.
To attend, please RSVP by 17:00 on Thursday, December 3, 2015 by email (BujumburaC@state.gov) or by phone (+257-22-20-7225) between 7:30 and 17:15.
U.S. citizens who are planning to travel to Burundi or are currently staying in Burundi should review the Burundi Travel Warning issued on November 3, as well as their personal security situation and avoid non-essential travel to and within Burundi.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Burundi.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Bujumbura, located at Avenue des Etats-Unis and Avenue du Cinquantenaire in Bujumbura, Burundi, at +257-22-20-7000 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +257-22-20-7318, or +257-79-938-841.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.