Location: Bujumbura, Burundi
Event: Reservations for Rwandair special commercial flight planned for Saturday, May 30
SatGuru is now accepting refundable reservations ($1000, to be used toward the fare price) for the Rwandair 948 flight to Addis Ababa leaving Saturday, May 30.
The updated flight details are:
For additional details, please visit our earlier message.
Please note that the U.S. Embassy is not involved in arranging this flight. The Embassy is in contact with SatGuru and will send out updates to this message as new information is provided, but interested parties should coordinate directly with SatGuru.
If your U.S. passport has expired, or will be expiring in the next 90 days, please schedule an emergency passport appointment with the consular section at BujumburaC@state.gov
The U.S. Embassy is not planning any additional special humanitarian flights at this time. The Embassy strongly encourages American citizens in Burundi who wish to return to United States in the near future travel via this or other opportunities as soon as possible. Otherwise, they should be prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. It is unclear when Burundi’s international airport will resume normal operations, or when other flights may be scheduled. The Department of State cannot guarantee that there will be future flight options.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Burundi.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Burundi.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Bujumbura, Burundi
Avenue des Etats-Unis
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burundi-specific information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Check the Alerts and Messages for U.S. Citizens portion of our webpage for past communications from STEP
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter