Location: Bujumbura, Burundi
Event: SatGuru contact information for special commercial Ethiopian flight on Wednesday, April 15
The travel agency SatGuru will be handling all reservations for the special commercial Ethiopian flight in conjunction with the Embassy of Italy leaving Bujumbura on Wednesday, April 15 previously announced under “additional flight options” here. The flight is scheduled to depart Bujumbura at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 15 and arrive to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia at 8:45 p.m. on the same day. From Addis Ababa, a flight to Washington, D.C. is scheduled to depart at 10:40 p.m. the same day and arrive at 8:40 a.m. the following morning, April 16. The total fare from Bujumbura to the United States via this routing is estimated to cost approximately $4350 for each adult, and $4025 for each child. Please make reservations by close of business on Monday, April 13.
To make your reservation, please email:
Aisha Kbamwa email@example.com +256 705775578
Kizito Gideon firstname.lastname@example.org +256 788929451
Please note that the U.S. Embassy has no control over any aspect of this flight, including the possibility of cancelation, and reservations and travel are at the travelers’ own risk.
The Embassy strongly encourages American citizens in Burundi who wish to return to United States in the near future travel via this or another special opportunity as soon as possible. Otherwise, they should be prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. It is unclear when Burundi’s international airport will resume normal operations, or when other flights may be scheduled. The Department of State cannot guarantee that there will be future flight options. If evacuation or charter flights later become available, they may be substantially more expensive than this special commercial flight. If you hope to travel to the United States via a repatriation flight, please be ready to travel on very short notice
If an American citizen is destitute or otherwise unable to pay for this special commercial flight, they should contact BujumburaC@state.gov to explore alternate payment methods.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Burundi.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Burundi.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Bujumbura, Burundi
Avenue des Etats-Unis
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burundi-specific information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Check the Alerts and Messages for U.S. Citizens portion of our webpage for past communications from STEP
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter