|2024 Diversity Visa Period
The 2024 Diversity Visa period will begin on Wednesday, October 5 at 12:00pm EDT. This program garners significant attention from the public. CA has cleared language that we recommend all missions publish to their sites.
Missions should use their discretion regarding the placement of this content on their site. Missions using the legacy MWP 1.0 might consider creating this content as a post and linking to this content from accordions on the Visas or Immigrant Visas page. Missions using the redesigned MWP 2.0 might consider creating this content as a post and linking from a left navigation content block on the U.S. Visas page.
CA Cleared Diversity Visa Content:
The Immigration Act of 1990 established the Diversity Visa (DV) program, which makes up to 55,000 immigrant visas available through random selection. The program allows those from countries with low immigration rates to the United States; to enter for a chance to apply for a U.S. immigrant visa.
To apply for this visa, follow the steps on the Diversity Visa Program website. Please also click on DV Instructions for specific and updated guidance.
1. Submit an entry. Eligible individuals may submit an entry at dvprogram.state.gov during the specified registration period in October/November of each year.
3. Receive notice of your visa interview appointment. The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) will inform DV selectees of their scheduled interview via email with instructions on what to do next. Please click here for additional information on the notification and scheduling process.
4. Prepare. DV selectees must bring all required documents to their interview, so please be prepared.
5. Review local instructions. Please review all local instructions for the interview on our website. Please note that some of the information included in these instructions may apply to immigrant visa classifications other than diversity visas. If you have questions about the country-specific information included here, please contact the embassy, consulate, or office providing consular services where you will apply for your visa.
6. Schedule a medical examination. Schedule a medical examination with the U.S. Embassy, Consulate, or office providing consular services approved physician at least 15 days before your visa interview. Please locate the list of approved physicians on our website.
7. Follow post-interview instructions. Please click here for general information on the “after the interview” process. Please send any questions to the U.S. Embassy, Consulate, or office providing consular services at which you interviewed.
Additional Notices to Applicant:
Beware of fraud and scams. Some websites and emails attempt to mislead customers, posing as providers of official U.S. government information. Read our Fraud Warning for more information.
Complete your own application. The online entry application is easy and free.